Incorporating the latest, most innovative technology of the line, the Sun Odyssey 389 offers speed, stability and good seakeeping.
This Sun Odyssey 389 is incredibly comfortable, spacious and seaworthy.
Available in 2 or 3 cabin layouts this yacht has three keel options including a lifting keel version, there is also an inexpensive self-tacking jib option.
The standard sail-plan is a 132% overlap genoa and conventional mainsail with the option of a self-tacking jib, in-mast furling mainsail and factory supplied furling Code 0 off the wind sail. Note that in addition to the standard 1.95m draft it is also available in a moderate 1.5m draft with twin rudders, and 1.1m draft with winged keel and twin rudders.
Deck layout worthy of a 40-footer:
- Twin helm steering for optimal ergonomics in the cockpit and ease of handling
- Easy access to the water a full-beam drop-down transom (option)
- Flush deck hatches
Contemporary style and comfortable cruising:
- Multiple keel options including a specially-designed winged shoal keel and a beach-able swing keel
- “Unlimited Ocean” category A rating from the CE
- Hull with hard chine and appendages designed for high-performance and course stability
- Sleek and modern deck lines
- All sheets are lead aft to helm winches
- Modern sail plans with multiple choices
Designed with personalisation in mind:
- Contemporary styling that brings together traditional materials found throughout the Sun Odyssey range (solid wood, stainless steel, etc…)
- Emphasis on storage and liveability with a high level of standard equipment and available options reserved for larger yachts (air conditioning, bow thruster, etc…)
- Numerous options that are usually reserved for larger boats (air conditioning, bow thruster, etc…)
- Plenty of functional details for the true cruiser (wet locker, large refrigerator, etc…)
- Lots of different interior ambiences.
All the elements of the Sun Odyssey range:
- Each area is spaciously laid out
- Light and ventilation
- High-end materials (leather, stainless steel and solid wood)
Hull and Keel: Modern and balanced
Marc Lombard design
- Several different keel and rudder configurations
- Hard chine on hull creates stability and enhances interior volume
- Long water line provides performance under sail and power
- Beam is carried very far aft, but the beam remains moderate for access to marina slips
Deck and Cockpit: Everything you need
- Twin wheels open up the cockpit
- Harken deck hardware including mainsheet traveller
- Easy access to the sea thanks to the full width bathing platform (option)
- Large, optional cockpit table includes storage, lighting and place for swiveling GPS mount
- Flush hatches for styling and for safety when moving about on the deck
- Plenty of storage including dedicated spaces for the companionway door, life raft and all the sailing gear
- Deep anchor locker with stainless steel anchor roller
Price is for the boat which includes Trim Level Premiere, Electronics Pack, Anchoring & Mooring Kit, Sprayhood, Bimini and all NZ taxes, shipping, commissioning in NZ and is subject to currency fluctuation.