These yachts are set up for ease of handling with considerable stability and surprising speed. Options from the factory include a self-tacking headsail and Code 0 furling genneker.
Dynamic lines, a hard chine on the hull, lots of hatches and windows along with bevelled edges on the deck combine to form a powerful and straight forward design by Philippe Briand, with innovative deck plan that makes sailing easy.
Three main concepts shape the Sun Odyssey 449: a fast, seaworthy sailboat, simple to use deck and sail plans and a high-quality interior.
Innovative deck plan and sleek styling:
- Mainsheet led back to each helm: integrated lines make for a clean and safe deck layout
- Flush hatches
- Easy access to the sea via a fold-down transom
Completely re-designed sail plan choices can be ordered “íæ la carte”:
- Furling mainsail
- Performance mainsail
- 106% performance jib
- 140% performance genoa
- Self-tacking jib
- Code 0
Interior design focused on volume
- Spacious saloon set off by indirect LED lighting
- Vast forward cabin with central island berth with desk and spacious forward head compartment
- Lots of light and ventilation from 8 hull ports and plenty of flush hatches and ports
- Forward visibility
- 4 cabin layout
- Each head compartment has a separate shower
- Lots of possibilities for personalisation (choice of flooring, fabrics and options)
- Plenty of standard equipment (windlass, shore power, etc…)
Price is for the base boat, includes all NZ taxes, shipping, commissioning in NZ and is subject to currency fluctuation.